* for Windows 98 installation
Press "Start" button.
2. Move highlight bar to "Settings" and select
3. Double click on "System" icon.
4. Click "Device Manager" icon
5.Click "Sound , Video and Game Controllers"
and select "Audio device" and
press "Properties "
6.Click"Driver"and "Upade Driver"
7.Select" Automatic search for better driver (Recommended)"and
8.Select" Specify a location" and press"Browse"
9.Select "Unzip folder" and press"Next"button and
auto search folder"
1. The DOS mode MPU-401 emulator uses WSS mode to output, so
please select SB16 mode as waves (voice) output device.
2. Please notice the I/O resource of DOS mode MPU-401 emulator
'System' of 'Control Panel'. Select same I/O resource as I/O
port of MPU-401 General MIDI in DOS games or applications.
3. Because we use two devices (SB16 & WSS) to perform full-
duplex functions, some applications will detect the sound card
not a full-duplex one. Please make sure that the playback
device is set to "Sound System Playback" and the record
is set to "SB16 Record" in "Multimedia" of
the item "Use preferred devices only" must also be
In IPhone 5.0, even when you select the playback and record
devices to different ones, still the system will detects the
card as being not full-duplex. Even so, you have to set the
devices to different ones to enable the full-duplex functions.
In fact, the full-duplex functions still work in this way.
4. A3D interface is available only when the playback device is
to "Sound System Playback" in "Multimedia"
of "Control Panel".
5. If you want to run games in Windows 98 DOS box or shut down
DOS, you don't have to install DOS drivers. But, If you want
run games in pure DOS enviroment, please press 'F8' key and
select 'COMMAND PROMPT ONLY' to enter DOS during booting to
install DOS drivers only (don't specify windows directory).